RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT POLICY
Our Responsible Investment Policy guides our approach to investment due diligence and to managing our business responsibly.
- Contributing to the PRI as a signatory
- Promoting the PRI in the alternative investment industry
- Maintaining a formal diversity and inclusion policy
- Appropriately considering ESG issues in our day-to-day business operations and investment processes
- Reporting to clients on consideration of ESG issues, as appropriate
To learn more about how our initiatives underscore our continued dedication to responsible investing, read the GCM Grosvenor Social Impact Report
GCM Grosvenor considers environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors as important aspects of our fiduciary responsibility to our clients. We promote sustainable and responsible investing by incorporating key ESG considerations into our investment process across asset classes. ESG themes include:
- Environmental: climate change; energy efficiency; resource management; waste and pollution management
- Social: civil/human rights; diversity; education; global health; housing; community relations and philanthropy; labor relations; product safety
- Corporate Governance: board accountability; executive compensation; ethics and compliance; political lobbying and contributions; shareholder rights
SIGNATORTY TO THE PRI
We are committed to driving a better industry and are proud to be a signatory to the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI). To carry out these principles, we engage in various PRI-related activities, share knowledge about responsible investing with industry colleagues, and educate our employees.
As part of our commitment, we submit an annual Responsible Investing Transparency Report to the PRI. We received an A+ grade from the PRI in each assessment category for our 2016-17 report.
GCM Grosvenor conducts its investment management business through its registered investment manager subsidiaries, Grosvenor Capital Management, L.P. and GCM Customized Fund Investment Group, L.P. Grosvenor Capital Management, L.P. became a signatory to the PRI in 2012 and GCM Customized Fund Investment Group, L.P. became a signatory in 2015. In March 2017, GCM Grosvenor became a signatory and replaced the status of the two registered investment manager subsidiaries as PRI signatories.
ENDORSER OF ILPA PRINCIPLES
We endorse the Institutional Limited Partners Association (ILPA) private equity principles, guidelines and best practices, including with respect to fee reporting.